Some have noted how feminists like Naomi Wolfe have denounced the women in Sweden who have accused Assange of sexual misconduct. Naomi Wolfe has made a career of denying rape and undermining the US anti-rape movement. so she is no surprise among those going after Assange’s accusers. The issue would be better cast in terms of the international pursuit of Assange and what it means to rape victims. My take on it is that there is no limit to which the US will go to get Assange, so I suspect US collusion with Sweden on these complaints which were announced immediately after the last Wikileaks dump. To reframe this issue, it might be useful for us to ask if the US, Great Britian or Sweden would go as far as they have to get Assange in behalf of any rape victim whose attacker has not embarrassed the US?
March 2014 M T W T F S S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
TagsAfghanistan anti-Islamic Assange Australia Bradley Manning Bush Decision Points empathy extremists fanatics Gaza Ground Zero Haditha massacre Iraq Iraq war Israel Kathleen Barry killing Libya masculinity masculinity of war military industries Mosque Mosque controversy Muslim No Fly Zone nonviolence Obama ongoing war Pakistan Progressive Radio Network protection psychopath racism rape Remaking Men rescue revenge state security Unmaking War Unmaking War Remaking Men war war crimes Wikileaks Wuterich
- J on HOW THE U.S. MILITARY SPAWNS MASSACRES AND DAILY ACTS OF DEPRAVITY
- Kathleen Barry on Hadith massacre: how the Wuterich trial let the military off the hook
- Richard Matthews on Hadith massacre: how the Wuterich trial let the military off the hook
- Paula James on Anti-War Mother’s Day
- MOSES LUSAMBA on Ebook for Unmaking War, Remaking Men now available